GEO: Hotel City Centre [Breakfast]

My first time having piping hot oatmeal with butter!

It escaped my mind to write earlier on the breakfast offerings at Hotel City Centre (4*) in Tbilisi, Georgia, where my BFF and I stayed at for 4D3N. Besides buffet items, the hotel also offers a few cooked-to-order dishes printed on a small menu card that's placed on each table.


Assorted Stuff

After getting our order taken, we stormed the buffet line. The cold cuts were good, and so were the scrambled eggs that were soft on the tongue. The vegetables weren't that fresh though, while the fried items were a tad dry.


Omelette with Green Onions

From the a la carte menu, my BFF ordered the omelette filled with just a bit of chopped spring onions a try. There wasn't anything fantastic about it though, but it was acceptably moist. Pika's advice: Be informed that while they have Eggs Benedict written on the menu, but those are simply poached eggs on toast sans Hollandaise sauce.


Porridge

I ordered the porridge, which I knew would be oatmeal or the likes right from the start. Cooked till with a bit of sweetened condensed milk, it had a delectably velvety texture. It was my first time eating oatmeal with a bit of butter, but I'd rather do without it. 


Pastry & Muffin

Back to something from the buffet line, I found the chocolate muffin to be awesome as it was truly moist and resembled a lava cake. While the croissant and the danish weren't crispy, they were quite buttery.


Fruits & Yogurt

The fruits were quite fresh. The kiwi slices were especially sweet. The peach and passion fruit yogurt was smooth and enjoyably sweet.


Coffee & Cherry Juice

I was so excited to see Turkish tea glasses, so I instinctively took one. However, as I didn't want to drink tea, I poured coffee into it. Oops, I did it again. I also added a bit of creamer and sugar to it. I also had a glass of cherry juice that was mildly sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

I was hoping to see some Georgian dishes, but alas, I had no luck.


Hotel City Centre

24 Queen Tamar Avenue
Tbilisi
Georgia
(Daily: 7.00am - 11.00am)

*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]