BAH: Swiss International Palace Hotel [Breakfast]

Expect one or two Indian food everyday!

To me, a 3D2N stay in Bahrain was enough. I spent my two nights at Swiss International Palace Hotel, which offers free shuttle service to and from the airport. Shown here are most of the breakfast buffet items prepared by its Swiss Café during my stay there.


Assorted Stuff #1

There weren't many cooked items, but I noticed that there'd be something Indian every morning. Idli, a type of savoury rice cake, was served on one of the days. It came with sambar, a lentil-based vegetable stew, which could be a bit more flavourful. Among the rest, the chicken nuggets were my favourite as they were pretty succulent and crispy at the same time.


Assorted Stuff #2

The vegetables for the salad could be fresher, but they weren't bad. The cucumber slices looked somewhat pale, but I took them anyway. It was surprising that there wasn't any dressing at sight. I found the hummus, a kind of thick paste made from ground chickpeas and sesame seeds, to be quite tasty.


Assorted Stuff #3

From the egg station, I requested for a plate of scrambled eggs full of ingredients. As can be seen clearly in the picture above, they weren't runny at all, but they were flavourful. Pika's advice: Be careful! The chili slices that I had in my eggs were really quite spicy.


Danish & Cakes

The strawberry danish wasn't crispy, but enjoyably buttery. The sugar-coated donut could be fluffier, while the vanilla muffin was soft and fairly aromatic.


Fruits & Yogurt

The kiwi and orange slices were pretty juicy, but not the pineapple and honeydew counterparts. The cherry yogurt was sweet and velvety enough for my liking.


Beverages

I enjoyed the coffee a lot, especially since hot milk was also provided. The apple juice a bit different from the ones I usually drink, while the one labelled as 'cocktail juice' was a tad too sweet for my tongue. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

It'd be great if the hotel could offer more Middle Eastern breakfast items.


Swiss International Palace Hotel

333 Gudaibiya Avenue
Blk. 321 Bldg. 242
Manama
Bahrain
(Daily: 6.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market