SIN: Istanblue

Authentic 'kunefe' that reminded me of the good times in Istanbul!

I wonder if the name of the restaurant is a hybrid between Istanbul in Turkey and the renowned Blue Mosque in that city? Anyway, true to its name, the restaurant features a bluish interior. 


The restaurant serves grilled goat cheese, which seems pretty popular, but my BFF and I didn't order that.


Borek S$9.00
Taste: 6.5/10

Ever since I went to the country where my sister is currently studying in, I've fallen in love with the deep-fried savoury filo pastry known as borek. The ones served at Istanblue, however, were more like spring rolls filled with cheese, parsley and herbs. 


Chicken Shish S$17.90
Taste: 7.5/10

The marinated chicken chunks grilled on skewers were pretty decent, given that they were adequately tender and flavourful enough. The tomatoes were actually juicy, but they were over-grilled. Apart from that, the chopped vegetables were quite fresh.


Iskender Kebab S$18.50
Taste: 7.5/10

Despite its appearance, the sliced lamb topped with buttery tomato sauce on top of bread was quite pleasing on the tongue. It went well with the accompanying yogurt, but I felt that the tomato sauce could be sweeter. Pika's advice: Not a fan of lamb? You can opt for chicken instead.


Kunefe S$10.00
Taste: 8/10

I was certainly pleased with the authentic wiry, semi-soft cheese pastry. It was crispy, but not dry. Being adequately sweet, it was topped with a generous amount of pistachio crumbs.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Probably I'll drop by again for the kunefe next time.

Istanblue

17 Baghdad Street
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 11.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]