SIN: Singapore Airlines [Premium Economy, International, Short-Haul]

Yummy prawns with polenta, better than the Book the Cook main course~

My December holiday came to an end as I flew in the new Premium Economy Class cabin of Singapore Airlines' Boeing 777-300ER for the very first time. For the purpose of this review, I ordered one of the three main courses available onboard, while my BFF had pre-ordered something from the Book the Cook section.


We had dinner onboard for the flight that departed from HK International Airport at 6.50pm.



Welcome Drink

I saw orange juice, apple juice and champagne on the tray and eventually decided to go for the first one on the list.


Pre-Meal Snack

At the cruising altitude, I had roasted almonds and cashews with another cup of orange juice (not shown).




SQ Meal

Tuna with Spiral Pasta Salad - Taste: 7/10

There wasn't anything special about the supposedly cold pasta salad with enough tuna chunks, which was actually served at room temperature. The pasta wasn't al dente, but it wasn't overly soft.

Sautéed Prawns in Garlic Tomato Sauce - Taste: 8/10

I enjoyed my main course of sautéed prawns that turned out to be quite succulent. They were bathed in garlic tomato sauce that was aromatic with a nice sweet and sour balance. Accompanying them were bell peppers, zucchini slices and polenta that was adequately thick and creamy.

Stir-Fried Pork Noodle Taste: 7.5/10

As for the Book the Cook main course, it was actually tasty, but the egg noodle was a bit dry. The tender pork slices were stir-fried well with enoki mushrooms and Sichuan preserved vegetables in thick gravy.

Häagen-Dazs Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream

While I generally have a preference for cakes or pudding over ice cream for dessert, I wasn't complaining at all when the flight attendant handed me that awesome cup of Belgian chocolate ice cream.

Bread

The sesame roll was appetising as it was pretty warm and fluffy.

Beverages

I wasn't in the mood for booze that evening, so I just went for two cups of apple juice for a change. Pika's advice: On top of the usual list of drinks that you can find in the Economy Class, you can request for as much champagne as you want.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

Somehow I felt that I wasn't getting the best taste that Singapore Airlines could offer for its Premium Economy Class passengers. Nevertheless, it was a truly enjoyable flight in that relaxing cabin.


Singapore Airlines

Premium Economy Class Cabin
Boeing 777-300ER


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market