CAM: Treasure Oasis Hotel [Breakfast]

Free-flow of delicious, heart-warming fish congee!

A relatively new player in the city of Siem Reap, Cambodia, I stayed at Treasure Oasis Hotel (4*) due to the good reviews seen online, even though it's situated just a little bit outside the city centre. The availability of swimming pool and gym is another reason why I chose the hotel for my 4D3N stay. 


Khmer Noodle Soup

From the made-to-order section, I tried the clear noodle soup that had a clean sweetness. There were quite a few items to accompany the rice vermicelli inside the bowl: shredded chicken breast, radishes, carrots, beansprouts and chye sim (Chinese mustard green). Pika's advice: You can request for yellow noodle or kway teow (Chinese flat rice noodle) in place of the rice vermicelli.


Omelette & Sunny-Side Up Eggs

I wouldn't want to miss my source of proteins after working out at the gym, so I requested for an omelette that turned out to be moist, as well as two sunny-side up eggs with bursting yolks.


Assorted Stuff #1

The vegetables served at the salad bar were fresh and crisp enough. The balsamic vinaigrette wasn't as zesty as I'd wanted it to be though. I also tried some kimchi (Korean dish made of fermented cabbages) that was pretty well done.


Assorted Stuff #2

Apart from the fried noodle, I didn't quite enjoy the rest of the items on this particular plate. The stir-fried vegetables were a little bit soggy, while the deep-fried potatoes were dry. 


Fish Congee

The best item appeared twice throughout my stay at the hotel. The fish congee was flavourful and aromatic, thanks to the generous amount of ginger strips and sesame oil. A garlic lover like me would also embellish my bowl with lots of fried garlic bits.


Cakes & French Toast

Both the carrot and banana cakes were moist, with the latter being delectably fragrant. While the French toast looked unappetising, it was quite alright after drizzling it with some honey.


Fruits

The fruits offered were adequately fresh, but the watermelon slices weren't that sweet. I enjoyed having my plain yogurt with honey that was actually meant for the French toast mentioned above.


Coffee & Pineapple Cordial Drink

I was hoping that the coffee would be as awesome as the one I had at Rose Emerald Hotel in Phnom Penh, but it wasn't the case. It was average at best, while the pineapple cordial drink was a tad too sweet for my liking.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

Well, I didn't really have any complains of the food that fueled me up for the long days of touring around.


Treasure Oasis Hotel

National Road No. 6
Sangkat Svay Dangkum
Siem Reap
Cambodia
(Daily: 6.30am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market