SIN: Singapore Airlines [Business, International, Short-Haul]

Gratifying grilled beef fillet with Madeira sauce in the sky~

Pardon me for not writing often these days as my mother had to be hospitalised due to thyroid cancer, and I'm glad that she's getting better. Anyway, it's been three years in a row that I actually flew to HK in December with Singapore Airlines. Today's post looks into the meal service on the new Business Class cabin onboard Boeing 777-300ER. 


Melon has always been enjoying flying in style! :)


Welcome Drink

I opted for the ordinary orange juice as I needed something refreshing.



SQ Meal

Marinated Prawns in Lemon Thyme Dressing - Taste: 8/10

The lunch service began with a plate of springy and succulent prawns, accompanied by herb feta cheese cubes, grilled red pepper slices and greens that were fresh. The lemon thyme dressing was zesty without being overly sour, but I felt that it could be slightly less runny.

Bread

The wholemeal bread was pretty fluffy. The garlic bread was fragrant enough, but I was hoping that it'd be warmer.




Smoked Cod Fish Taste: 8.5/10

It'd been a long time since I last ate smoked fish, and I must say that the one I had in the air was the cure for nostalgia. The cod was adequately fatty and juicy with a heady smoky aroma. I couldn't really decipher the yellow sauce, but it went well with the fish - a little tart, a little rich. Served alongside the fish were fried rice, Chinese cabbage and chestnuts.

Grilled Beef Fillet with Madeira Sauce Taste: 9/10

Asking for a second helping of main course turned out to be truly rewarding as the grilled beef fillet stood out with its tender meat with gelatinous bits for chewing pleasure. The brown sauce made of Madeira wine and beef stock was robust. Braised endives, buttered vegetables and thyme potatoes made the plate merrier.

Classic Lobster Thermidor Taste: 8.5/10

Everyone's favourite (myself included) from the Book the Cook service, the springy lobster tail married with different flavours was as good as usual. Sautéed with butter, flambéed in brandy, sprinkled with cheese and served with creamy mushroom sauce and mustard, this exquisite lobster dish has never failed me thus far. While the saffron rice could be fluffier, the asparagus stalks and tomato were pretty juicy.


Lemon Curd Cream Cake - Taste: 8/10

I'm pretty sure you've heard about lemon being able to help cut through fats, but what about lemon curd cream cake? Probably not. The upper layer had a sour level akin to those sour candies that I used to eat when I was young. The sweeter bottom layer of crushed pistachios balanced out the flavours nicely.

Movenpick Pistachio Ice Cream

Who would want to miss the opportunity of having a second dessert item? The pistachio ice cream by Movenpick was accompanied by blueberry jam for a more complex taste. 



Others

Farmer cheese, cambozola and Tête de Moine were the selection of cheese that afternoon, along with grapes and crackers. Following which, some fine pralines were offered.

Beverages

From the long list of beverages, I went for two glasses of French red wine throughout the meal service. At the end of it, I gave their masala tea a try. Regrettably, it was more of a mockery to the Indian spiced tea as it was way too diluted.


Fox's Mint

I used to eat a lot of Fox's fruit candies too when I was young. Anyway, only the original mint flavour was offered nearer to prior to landing.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 9/10
Service: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10

Quite a magnificent lunch, wasn't it? Coupled with amiable and professional service, it was another thumbs up moment to remember. Pika's advice: Should you wish to reserve your favourite meal from the Book the Cook service, remember to do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.


Singapore Airlines

Business Cabin
Boeing 777-300ER


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market