SIN: SilkAir [Economy, International, Short-Haul]

How Mexican was the Mexican chicken?

Hi, I'm back! How's the new year so far? I shall begin this year with a quick review on SilkAir's economy class meals. I took the airline for the first time last November on a school trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia.



MI Meal #1

Mexican Chicken with Flavoured Rice Taste: 7/10

I'm pretty sure I didn't hear the flight attendant wrongly, although I'm still wondering till now what was so Mexican about the main course of my choice. Anyway, the chicken with brown gravy was tender and flavourful, topped with corn kernels. The flavoured rice was only slightly fragrant though, reminiscent of the chicken rice from a canteen in a particular school I was in as a student. Oops... 

Chocolate-Coated Vanilla Ice Cream

It wasn't the renowned Magnum, but the ice cream certainly made a good dessert as it was creamy enough for me. 

Beverages

I opted for a cup of orange juice. I'm not exactly sure, but I think I did see a passenger getting a glass of wine. Coffee and tea were served after the meal, but I didn't ask for any.


MI Meal #2

Fish in Coconut Milk with Rice Taste: 6/10

On the flight back to Singapore, I went for the fish that was adequately succulent. However, the gravy wasn't potent enough for me as it was merely spicy without much aroma. The accompanying vegetables weren't overcooked.

Fruits

Fresh watermelon slices and canned pineapple cubes were offered for dessert.

Beverages

A similar selection of drinks as that in the outbound trip was offered. As can be seen in the picture, the flight attendant only filled about half of my cup with apple juice.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

As the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, SilkAir didn't really impress me. Honestly, I was expecting warmer service. Pika's advice: Business Class passengers can look forward to pre-ordering All-Time Favourites, such as chicken rice and carrot cake, on flights that are 3 hours or longer.

SilkAir

Economy Cabin
Boeing 737-800


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]