SIN: Pardon My French {CLOSED}

Delicious roasted chicken and mushroom spaghetti in a French eatery!

UPDATE (22/09/2018): The eatery has closed down.

What an interesting name for an eatery, don't you think? For the uninitiated, it's an informal expression used to excuse yourself for swearing. Well, I'm pretty sure the owner just tried to put up such a name to catch our attention on the small, but promising French eatery.


My little bear thought that he was going for a bath. Haha... :P


Hot Wings S$10.50
Taste: 8.5/10

The deep-fried winglets made a good appetiser dish. Presented on a wooden plate, they were crispy on the outside and succulent inside. They were also coated well with the homemade hot sauce that was flavourful and spicy enough without burning my tongue too much. 


Chicken and Mushroom Pasta S$15.50
Taste: 9/10

The highlight of the lunch was the spaghetti with roasted chicken, sautéed mushrooms and caramelised onions. I was sold the moment I sank my teeth into the tender white meat, which went really well with the naturally sweet onions. The spaghetti was no doubt al dente.


Bouillabaisse S$20.50
Taste: 8/10

It was a pity that I didn't get to try the seafood stew when I was in Marseille, France a few years ago. Nevertheless, the eatery's version was more than decent as it was pretty rich with a nice tang of the sea. The fish, calamari, prawns, clams and mussels were pretty fresh, and the accompanying fried buns were executed well.


Ruby Poached Pear in Red Wine Sauce S$8.00
Taste: 8.5/10

The classic poached pear simmered in red wine and a tinge of cinnamon was a delightful dessert item to have at the end of the meal. It came to the table warm, accompanied by a scoop of ice cream made of something that has always made me gone crazy: Baileys Irish Cream. Pika's advice: Not a fan of the said liqueur? You can opt for the summer berries flavour instead.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7/10

Practically walkable from my house, the eatery has charmed me with its amazing food. I'll be back again soon.

Pardon My French

12 Gopeng Street
#01-16 Icon Village
Singapore
(Mon-Fri: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 5.30pm - 8.30pm; Sat: 10.00am - 2.30pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market