SIN: Chir Chir

Truly aromatic oven-roasted chicken, thanks to garlic and cinnamon!

Many people have been raving about Chir Chir, which apparently is South Korea's largest chain of restaurants that's famous for its interesting chicken dishes. Yes, it was only recently that I finally decided to give it a try. Don't judge! :P


My friends and I went carnivorous for the evening.


Mac and Cheese (Single Portion) S$9.90
Taste: 7/10

To whet our appetite, we started off with macaroni and cheese topped with shredded cheddar cheese and a bit of herbs. While the dish was creamy, it wasn't particularly rich. It certainly needed more cheese in the sauce. Pika's advice: If you like Korean rice cake, their Toppoki and Cheese may interest you.



Cheese Fire Chicken Feet S$18.90
Taste: 7/10

The restaurant surely knows how not to waste chicken feet by elevating them into such a visually appetising dish. I found the feet too thin for my liking though. The red sauce was fiery indeed; a tad too spicy for me, in fact. The accompanying creamy and cheesy sauce was much better than the one used for the macaroni and cheese.


Honey Butter Chicken S$28.90
Taste: 8/10

I couldn't wait to try the deep-fried boneless chicken chunks, potato wedges and rice cakes tossed with honey butter sauce. Pretty delicious, I must say, although the white meat could be juicier. I didn't use much of the mildly sweet mayonnaise-based sauce as the dish was already sweet enough for my liking.


Garlic Roasted Chicken S$32.90
Taste: 9/10

Requiring the longest time to cook, the oven-roasted chicken was worth the wait. The chicken parts were tender, coated with thick sauce that was highly fragrant due to the generous portion of garlic and heaps of cinnamon powder used in the cooking process. The baked potato was done well and the salsa was refreshing enough,  


Blue Marine Tok! Tok! (Non-Alcoholic) S$14.90
Taste: 8/10

I was surprised that my friends didn't go for the alcoholic version, but I wasn't complaining at all. The fizzy green grape mocktail was adequately sweet and invigorating, especially after such a heavy meal. 

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 6.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Service was a tad slow, but the roasted chicken was certainly worth the calories. Thinking about it makes me salivate. 

8 Pizza

799 Upper Changi Road
#02-05/06 Bedok Point
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)