SIN: Bene Spaghetti {CLOSED}

Fulfilling fusion dinner, especially the roast beef and the cream spaghetti!

UPDATE (26/12/2018): The restaurant has closed down.

I'm not sure, but I believe there aren't many restaurants here in Singapore serving Japanese-Italian fusion food. Apart from the affordable Saizeriya, I have recently discovered a hidden gem not too far from my house. Upon entering Bene Spaghetti, I felt as if I was in Japan as I heard the staff spoke in Japanese to each other.


I found the wooden decor to be peacefully rustic. Getting absorbed in the relaxing ambience right from the start was certainly a great prelude to the dinner.


Bread

To begin with, I savoured the warm bread that was crispy on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside.


Salmon Carpaccio S$12.80
Taste: 8/10

How was the restaurant's rendition of the dish named after Vittore Carpaccio, a renowned Venetian painter? It turned out to be pleasing to the tongue as the salmon slices were adequately fresh, drizzled with an adequate amount of olive oil. It'd be great if I could have more of the soy sauce concoction though.


Homemade Roast Beef S$15.80
Taste: 9/10

Slices of reddish brown goodness rubbed with black pepper, accompanied with rocket leaves and a kind of thick sauce, were presented in front of my eyes. The beef was truly of gourmet quality with its springy texture, devoid of any raw smell. It went well with the partly sweet, partly tart sauce with the right thickness.


Seaweed and Mushroom Cream Pizza S$16.80
Taste: 8/10

Despite its weird shape, the fusion pizza was another enjoyable element of the dinner. While I felt that it could be crispier round the edges, the toppings were satisfying. The seaweed lent a nice tang of the sea, accentuating the slightly sweet and milky cream sauce. I spotted at least three varieties of mushrooms.


Shrimp and Cabbage Cream Pasta S$16.80
Taste: 9/10

The last dish that came to the table carved a smile on my face. The wow factor was the richness of the cream without being exceedingly heavy, coupled with the spaghetti that was perfectly al dente. While I'd love to have more of the succulent shrimps, there were lots of mushrooms that were delightfully juicy.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

While service wasn't as impeccable as what one can get in Japan, it was warm nonetheless. I guess I've found myself another favourite restaurant to go to. Pika's advice: For sake (Japanese rice wine) connoisseurs out there, it seems like the restaurant is pretty well known for its bamboo sake.

Bene Spaghetti

83 Circular Road
Singapore
(Mon-Sat: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 5.30pm - 11.00pm; Sun: 5.30pm - 11.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market