SIN: Astons Specialities

Reminiscing school days with affordable Western food~

A popular budget-friendly restaurant chain, especially for students (including myself in the past), Astons Specialities has been serving value-for-money Western fare since 2005. Aston Soon (thus Astons) left his job as a restaurant chef then to start his humble business in a coffee shop along East Coast Road.


The branch that I've recently visited is located along the same road too. It was high time to reminisce my schooling days when I went out with my classmates to have lunch together with loud laughter pervading the atmosphere. Oops... 


Soup of the Day (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

As I decided to try one of the pasta dishes for the first time, I got a bowl of mushroom cream soup that came with a piece of garlic bread. The soup was decent without being lumpy, while the garlic bread was enjoyably crispy and aromatic.


Salmon Spaghetti S$9.90
Taste: 6/10

I was initially disappointed when I saw that the tomato sauce was a bit runny. However, it actually had quite a nice sweet and sour balance, There were lots of salmon chunks as well, and they were pretty tender. The spaghetti could be more al dente of course.


Steak and Chicken S$22.90
Steak with Mushroom Sauce - Taste: 7.5/10
Black Pepper Chicken Taste: 8/10
Mac and Cheese - Taste: 5/10
Coleslaw Taste: 8/10

To get the best of both worlds, my BFF ordered the big plate of tender enough beef steak with savoury mushroom sauce and succulent chicken chop with mildly spicy black pepper sauce. As for the side dishes, the coleslaw was chilled enough with not-too-heavy buttermilk dressing, but unfortunately the macaroni was way overcooked. The cheese sauce wasn't inspiring either.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Pika's advice: My favourite dish is actually Lemon Lime Chicken, which is priced at S$9.90 at the point of writing. If you're a fan of citrusy sauce and have never tried it before, do order one and I'm sure you won't regret it. :)

Astons Specialities

119 East Coast Road
Singapore
(Daily: 11.30am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)