SIN: Jollibee

Even Mr. President Benigno Aquino dropped by the Lucky Plaza outlet!

I first encountered Jollibee when I went to its country of origin, the Philippines, in 2012. I can't believe it's been three years since the opening of its first outlet here at Lucky Plaza in 2013, and that's how long I waited to relive the memories of my trip to Manila and Cebu.


Chickenjoy Value Meal (2 pcs) S$6.95
Taste: 8/10

The fried chicken meal comes with rice and soft drink. Pika's advice: You can trade the rice to fries, mashed potatoes or buttered corn by paying an additional S$0.50.


I was pretty amazed by how tender the fried chicken pieces were, especially since I could recall that the ones I had in the Philippines weren't equally so. They weren't particularly oily either, although the skin could be even crispier for my liking. The brown sauce was thick enough with quite a nice mushroom aroma.


Fiesta Noodle S$4.20
Taste: 8/10

More affectionately known as pancit palabok, Fiesta Noodle is as misnomer as it actually uses rice vermicelli. Based on what I had for lunch, served atop the rice vermicelli was tasty shrimp sauce with ingredients such as shrimps, minced meat, fish flakes, egg slices and spring onions. 


Choco Strawberry Sundae S$1.50
Taste: 8/10

Look at how generous the chocolate sauce serving was! One might think that the dessert would be unbearably sweet, but apparently that wasn't the case. The chocolate sauce blended well with the strawberry jam, leaving me smiling as I finished the ice cream till the last drop.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 7/10

I'll be back to enjoy their cutely named Chickenjoy for sure.

Jollibee

304 Orchard Road
#06-48A Lucky Plaza
Singapore
(Mon-Sat: 9.00am - 9.00pm; Sun: 8.00am - 9.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)