MAS: Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur [Breakfast]

Wasabi mayonnaise in the morning, why not? ;)

For my short visit to the capital city of Malaysia, I chose to stay at Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur (4*). It's located not too far from the Chinatown area, where I had air mata kucing (lit. cat's tears) and Madam Tang's muah chee (Chinese glutinous rice cake coated with ground peanuts) at Petaling Street.


Assorted Stuff #1

The salad bar featured pretty generic items with the greens being acceptably fresh. What stood out was the wasabi (Japanese horseradish) mayonnaise that was sweet and slightly piquant at the same time without the stinging sensation. I believe that was my very first time encountering wasabi mayonnaise during breakfast in a hotel. 


Assorted Stuff #2

The nasi lemak (Malay rice dish cooked in coconut milk with pandan leaves) was fragrant, going well with the thick curry chicken. The anchovies were too salty for my liking though. Apart from that, I recall agreeing with my mom that the fried noodle was good, and the sautéed vegetables weren't overcooked.


Omelette

The omelette was slightly runny on the inside, being filled with the likes of chopped onions and multi-coloured bell peppers. I'd love to have tomato sauce of a higher quality though, for the one available was a bit too runny for my liking and didn't seem to have the slightest tinge of acidity.


Pastry

The croissant was delectably crispy and buttery, going well with the butter and apricot jam. Between the two, I had a preference for the chocolate danish over its blueberry counterpart. The former was truly delicious with rich chocolate filling encased in such a crispy crust, while the latter wasn't as crispy. Pika's advice: The pastry section saw a constant crowd that day. Do grab the chocolate danish fast. 


Fruits

The watermelons and papayas were quite fresh and sweet, while the apples and pineapples weren't equally so. I also had a small bowl of plain yogurt topped with fruit cocktail.


Milk Coffee & Orange Cordial Drink

While I accidentally added a bit too much milk into my cup of coffee, it still tasted pretty good. The orange cordial drink didn't taste overly artificial.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

That was a pretty satisfying breakfast before checking out and subsequently going to Genting Highlands for the second time in my life.


Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur

117 Jalan Pudu
Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia
(Daily: 6.30am - 10.30am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market