IDN: Pizza Hut

Delicious fettuccine and yummy American Favourite pizza~

I didn't exactly have the time to search for interesting eateries in Jakarta, Indonesia. However, I'd really love to write a review on the ubiquitous Pizza Hut there, simply because I've always been enjoying their awesome fettuccine dish. I also have to say that the pizza there is better than the one here in Singapore.


Well, my latest meal was actually at Supermal Karawaci, which is located in the Banten province to the west of the capital city. As you can see, Pizza Hut in Indonesia still maintains the salad bar concept. Of course, I'm not gonna be as crazy as some people in China who ingeniously did salad stacking (read here).


Salad + Soup Rp 45,000 (~S$4.65)
Salad - Taste: 8.5/10
Chicken and Corn Soup - Taste: 8/10

Those were what I managed to get from the one trip to the salad bar. The ingredients at the salad bar were fresh and mostly juicy, with the kidney beans being deliciously earthy. Served piping hot, the cream of chicken and corn was quite hearty, topped with crunchy croutons.


Creamy Beef Fettuccine Rp 47,000 (~S$4.85)
Taste: 9/10

This, boys and girls, has been consistently good at whichever branch I've been to. The one that I had that afternoon was al dente, bathed in white sauce that was rich and creamy, but not sickeningly so. On top of smoked beef, mushrooms and parsley, apparently they've also added beef bacon bits now. Pika's advice: If you're not a big fan of smoked beef, you can opt for smoked chicken instead.


American Favourite Pan Pizza (Large) Rp 99,000 (~S$10.25)
Taste: 8.5/10

The American in me made me drool over the meaty pizza topped with beef pepperoni, minced beef and mushrooms. The interplay between the sweet tomato sauce and the savoury others was appetising, not to mention that the pizza bread itself was crunchy and aromatic.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

I skipped dessert as I was already feeling too full from all the carbohydrates. Well, my only gripe is that Pizza Hut in Indonesia no longer offers parmesan cheese. Anyway, below is a picture of the Selamat Datang Monument that I mentioned in the previous post on Artotel Jakarta.


Pizza Hut

Jalan Diponegoro No. 105
LG/F Supermal Karawaci
Banten
Indonesia
(Daily: 11.00am - 10.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% VAT.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]