SIN: Relish by Wild Rocket

Delish food at Relish! The first polenta in this blog!

The recent inscription of the Singapore Botanic Gardens as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites has brought me back for a stroll there, the last time being two years ago when I had a reunion with my JC classmates. It wasn't exactly a stroll with my ever-loud classmates though, as it suddenly poured at one point of time, prompting us to run and scream due to the ominous lightning the other day. Anyway, not far from the MRT station is a cosy restaurant serving mainly Western food.


I know it may be a bit too early to say this, but if there's one restaurant I can give an award to for the year, it's got to be Relish by Wild Rocket.


Turnip, Cucumber, Mango and Tiger Prawn Salad S$14.80
Taste: 9.5/10

The vivid colours of the Asian salad were a feast to the eyes. The flavours, well, were as solid as the appearance. Refreshingly juicy turnips, cucumbers and onions met lusciously sweet mango slices, not to forget the could-be-bigger prawns that were succulent. How I wish I can have it every single day!


Polenta with Onsen Egg S$18.60
Taste: 8/10

I believe this is the first time I'm featuring a dish of polenta (European cornmeal porridge) in my blog. I suppose it's not commonly found in Singapore, but the one I had there was more than decent, accompanied by a runny egg that blended well. Its creamy texture was accentuated by grilled mushrooms, spinach and bacon cubes.


Wild Rocket Beef Burger S$19.20
Taste: 8.5/10

Described as "the burger that started it all", the signature beef burger was no doubt wholesome. The minced beef patty was grilled to perfection, retaining much of its natural sweetness that was nicely accentuated by the crunchy, strong-bodied rocket leaves. The sun-dried tomato relish could be slightly sweeter, and a few of the fries could be crispier.


How beautiful was that baby? :P Pika's advice: For those interested, the eatery serves its own rendition of Ramly Burger. Try it out!


Panna Cotta S$9.00
Taste: 8.5/10

The moment I saw this particular dish on the menu, it immediately reminded me of a similar one I had at Bijan in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Infused with the goodness of pandan leaves, the panna cotta (lit. cooked cream) was unmistakably fragrant and velvety. It was perfectly accompanied by gula melaka (Malay brown sugar) syrup that was equally aromatic. 


Chocolate Cointreau Shake S$9.00
Taste: 8.5/10

An alcoholic chocolate shake that's not meant for children, it was beautifully presented in a tall glass. The adequately rich chocolatey flavour was pleasantly juxtaposed with the orange-flavoured liqueur, even though I was secretly wishing that it'd be more inebriating. Haha...

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 9/10
Overall: 8.5/10

The lovely experience that evening has made Relish by Wild Rocket one of my favourite restaurants. Keep it up! :)

Relish by Wild Rocket

501 Bukit Timah Road
#02-01 Cluny Court
Singapore
(Tue-Sun: 9.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)