IDN: Nirwana Gardens [Breakfast]

Nice blueberry danish in a wide selection of cakes and pastry!

I started my first day of Chinese New Year waking up at 5.00am to go to the beach, seeing the last remnants the twinkling stars before the sun rose from the east. My BFF and I were the first people to break the overnight fast after strolling around the hotel area to enjoy the morning breeze.


The buffet spread the other day was huge. I was especially intrigued by the plethora of sweet stuff available.


Cakes & Pastry

The blueberry danish was the first one that caught my attention, and indeed it was buttery amazing. I also enjoyed the banana cake, as well as the donut coated with castor sugar. The croissant was airy, but not crispy. 


Assorted Stuff #1

I was delighted to find Bircher muesli being offered on the buffet table. Between a slice of pancake and waffle, I chose the former as the latter looked a bit soggy. Two small slices of cheese and a small bowl of fruit yogurt 


Assorted Stuff #2

There wasn't anything at fault on the plate, save for the dry grilled beef bacon strips. The restaurant served one of the best hash browns I've ever eaten in my life. The mini omelette was moist and full of chopped vegetables.


Assorted Stuff #3

While the fried rice was ordinary, the fried noodle was pretty good. An interesting find was the delectably chewy seaweed ball cooked in yakiniku sauce. The beef slices cooked in teriyaki sauce was meaty, but just a tad too sweet.


Nasi Lemak

The nasi lemak (Malay rice dish cooked in coconut milk with pandan leaves) could be more fragrant, but the rice was cooked well. The accompaniments included thick chicken curry, lightly salted anchovies and peanuts.


Soto Ayam

The clear Indonesian broth was comfortingly light on the palate due to the mild seasonings. I enjoyed slurping the slippery rice noodle, but I felt that the chicken shreds could be tenderer.


Fruits & Melon Pudding

I loved the juicy watermelon and pineapple slices, but unfortunately, the honeydew was dry and hard. The melon pudding, which contained coconut milk, was pleasant on the tongue.


Tea & Cordial Drinks

The tea was quite aromatic, going well with brown sugar (not shown), but it could be stronger. The cordial drinks - orange, fruit punch and pineapple - weren't overly sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

In spite of the very few misses, I was pleased with the buffet breakfast. Anyway, below is a picture of the swimming pool in the resort, which faces the beach and the sea.


Nirwana Gardens

Jalan Panglima Pantar
Bintan
Indonesia
(Daily: 6.30am - 10.00am)

*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]