SIN: The House of Robert Timms

Virgin experience with kangaroo meat!

The House of Robert Timms is one of the oldest gourmet coffee brand in Australia. Staying true to its coffee roots, it has since expended its business, opening its first bistro in Singapore at Wheelock Place on 4 November 2010. Pikachu couldn't wait to taste his first kangaroo meat ever!


There has been a significant reduction in the menu, with the crocodile meat no longer being offered. What a pity! Pardon me for the non-lively colours of the pictures as I forgot to bring my trusty camera, so I had no choice but to depend on my old camera phone.


Cheesy Bolognese Criss Cut Fries S$16.00
Taste: 8/10

Don't be fooled by the fact that the dish is listed under the 'Lite Bites' section, even though you can probably guess from its price. The portion was so huge that it could be a main course on its own. The combination of nacho cheese and minced meat in tomato sauce was good, but I felt that the latter could be sweeter.


Bacon and Mushroom Egg-Drop Fettuccine S$21.00
Taste: 8.5/10

I enjoyed the highly creamy and savoury pasta which had lots of bacon slices and mushrooms in it. It could be slightly less salty, but I was glad that the shaved parmesan cheese was unsalted. Alas, the purportedly crispy parma ham was actually kinda hard to bite. 


Stout Braised Kangaroo Loin S$30.00
Taste: 9/10

Kangaroo meat is classified under lean red meat that is rich in proteins and low in cholesterol. The moment I sank my teeth into one of the chunks, I felt that it bore resemblance to mutton somewhat, but it was more fibrous. Cooked till tender in aromatic dark beer gravy, it was complemented well by mashed potatoes, vegetables and crispy puff pastry.


Robert Timms Hazelnut Caramel Frappé S$8.00
Taste: 8.5/10

I was kinda scared that I wouldn't be able to sleep after drinking coffee at night, but proceeded to order a glass in the end. The aromatic coffee blended well with cream and caramel syrup, although there could be more of the latter. At the bottom were fine hazelnut chunks which added depth to the beverage.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10

I had no choice but to skip dessert, even though they actually have a great selection of cakes and pastry. Well, there's always next time, and I shall try their kangaroo steak! Pika's advice: Till 31 March 2015, spend at least S$30.00 and pay with DBS / POSB debit or credit card to enjoy 10% discount! 

The House of Robert Timms

501 Orchard Road
#01-02/03 Wheelock Place
Singapore
(Sun-Thu: 8.00am - 1.00am; Fri-Sat: 8.00am - 3.00am)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)