SIN: Ramly Burger @ Geylang Serai Pasar Malam 2014

Virgin experience with the unique burgers!

I had intended to write about one of my favourite restaurants in Jakarta, Indonesia which I finally patronised again after so long. However, in view of Ramadan 2014 and the fact that the pasar malam (lit. night market) at Geylang Serai isn't going to stay for long, I shall write about the perennially favourite Ramly Burger which hails from Malaysia. To be honest, last week was the first time I tried it.


Pardon me if I'm wrong, but in Singapore, Ramly Burger can only be found in temporary night markets which appear during the Ramadan period or sometimes at any random time of the year. Alas, I forgot to bring my trusty digital camera, so I had no choice but to use my old camera phone to snap pictures that evening.


Initially, the burger buns were toasted with a bit of margarine.


Next was the cracking of eggs!


The eggs were spread to form a thin layer.


The pre-grilled chicken and beef patties (done before toasting the buns) were put on top of the egg layer. Subsequently, cheese sauce, worcestershire sauce, chili sauce and mayonnaise were squeezed on top of each patty. 


Each patty was finally encased in the egg layer before being smacked in between the burger buns.


Chicken Burger S$3.00
Taste: 7/10

The first one that I tried was the chicken patty, which was soft, but truly lacking in density. The interplay of the four types of sauce wasn't overwhelming as each of them wasn't heavy on the palate. I was glad that the egg layer wasn't charred.


Beef Burger S$3.00
Taste: 7.5/10

The beef patty was better than its chicken counterpart, being more meaty and slightly denser. Another thing to note is the fact that the burger buns had a pretty soft texture without being too light.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

I wasn't particularly impressed with the burgers, but at least I finally managed to try them. I was more excited about the fried prawn and banana fritters abound at the night market. Pika's advice: Grab yours before Hari Raya Puasa which falls on Monday, 28 July this year!

Ramly Burger @ Geylang Serai Pasar Malam 2014

Sims Avenue and Geylang Road
Near Paya Lebar MRT
Singapore
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]