SIN: Scoot [Economy, International, Medium-Haul]

A refreshing change of menu?

There was a time when I wanted to write a review on quite a few meals served by Scoot, a low-cost subsidiary airline of Singapore Airlines. Unfortunately, I'd forgotten my intention all along until Scoot revamped its menu, which has rendered some of the things I tried obsolete. Well, for our outbound flight to HK, I ordered the Premium Selection meal, while my BFF ordered something from a variety of hot meals.


TZ Meal #1 S$21.99

Plain Salad Taste: 6/10

The vegetables, along with a cherry tomato, were served sans dressing. Well, at least they weren't stale.

Hong Kong Style Noodles with Prawn Taste: 6/10

I was pretty much disappointed with the most expensive meal served on the SIN-HKG-SIN sector. While the taste wasn't that bad, thanks to the oyster sauce used to stir-fry the egg noodles, some of the strands were dry. Not only that, the prawns weren't succulent either.

Häagen-Dazs Chocolate Ice Cream

The saving grace for the flight was the ice-cold, creamy chocolate ice cream for dessert. I wonder if they brought any other flavours onboard?




TZ Meal #2 S$17.00

Beef Bourguignon Pasta Stew - Taste: 7/10

One of the Western meals featured screwdriver-shaped pasta, beef, potatoes and carrots braised in beef stock. The gravy could be slightly thicker, but I enjoyed the tender beef chunks. Yes, it was better than the premium meal above.

Pringles (Original)

Scoot has always served Pringles that are made in the USA. No offense, but I don't like the original flavour made in Thailand.

Beverage

A can of Coca-Cola was given by default. Pika's advice: In the menu booklet, it says "meals come with a Coke / Heaven & Earth Green Tea". Ask for the latter if you prefer that.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6/10

I know I've only tried two items from the newly revamped menu, but honestly speaking, I feel that the previous meals were better. Perhaps I shall compile the pictures of the latter and post them on my blog one day.

Scoot

Economy Class Cabin
Boeing 777-200ER

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]