JPN: McDonald's (マクドナルド)

How good is the shrimp burger?

The craze about the shrimp burger that has just been introduced in Singapore is still ongoing. Today, I'm going to churn out a short review of the same burger in its country of origin. 


I tried the above burger when I was at Odaiba, a man-made island in Tokyo Bay. Today, I actually went to try the burger again here in Singapore at Chinatown Point, only to find out that the size of the shrimps wasn't as substantial as the one I had in Japan. Pika's advice: Come down during lunch to get cheaper set meals!


Ebi Filet-O Lunch Set ¥550 (~S$6.95)
Taste: 7.5/10

Frankly speaking, the shrimp burger didn't excite me. Perhaps I was having a very high expectation before I tried it out, but the shrimp patty just lacked the flavour and sweetness I was looking for. Having said that, the patty was indeed crispy and the shrimps were pretty succulent. The fries were also crispy and not at all soggy. The drink in the picture was Fanta Grape.


Teriyaki McBurger Lunch Set ¥450 (~S$5.65)
Taste: 6/10

The beef burger glazed with teriyaki sauce didn't really whet my appetite either, simply because it was somewhat too sweet for my liking. The patty was also not that juicy. The drink in the picture was Qoo White Grape.


Banana Oreo McFlurry ¥230 (~S$2.90)
Taste: 9/10

To me, the summer exclusive McFlurry was the best I've ever had thus far. The marriage between fragrant banana bits and those crunchy Oreo cookies we all love was better than previously imagined. Equally important to note was the right consistency of the vanilla ice cream. Frankly speaking, I misplaced the receipt, but I suppose the price ought to be approximately that.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 7/10

As a bonus, I shall include a picture of the real size Gundam statue in front of the shopping mall!


McDonald's
(マクドナルド)

1-1-10 Aomi
Shop 6080, 6/F Diver City Tokyo Plaza
Odaiba, Tokyo
Japan
(Mon-Sat: 9.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]