JPN: Hotel Sasarindou (ホテル ささりんどう) [Breakfast]

Colourful breakfast of vegetables, beef balls and omelette with rice!

When I was in Kyoto, I stayed at Hotel Sasarindou (3*) which is just 5 minutes away from Gion Shijo subway station. For a Japanese hotel, the guest rooms are pretty spacious not to forget that there's a big jacuzzi inside some, if not all of them.


In this particular hotel, you can sample something close to a home-cooked Japanese breakfast meal prepared by the friendly middle-aged lady with whom I managed to strike a little bit of conversation.


Salad

The three vegetables for the salad, namely shredded lettuce, cabbage and carrot shreds, were pretty much fresh. The mayonnaise dressing was pretty light.


Rice Meal

Gorgeous colours, no? The vegetables were juicy, and I particularly enjoyed the bamboo shoots with their fine texture and earthy flavour. It was also a delight to have the fluffy Japanese omelette which wasn't too sweet. The beef balls were a tad too soft though. The miso (Japanese fermented rice, barley and/or soybean) soup had a robust flavour, while the rice, directly scooped out of the rice cooker, was sticky and filling as expected.


Croissant & Bread

Cannot eat rice in the morning? Fret not. I tried the bread and the croissant. The former was adequately soft, while the latter could definitely be crispier.


Green Tea & Orange Juice

The brewed green tea was aromatic, although it could be thicker. The orange juice was average without being overly sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

I feel that Hotel Sasarindou is more than just a 3* hotel. I've truly enjoyed my stay there, and I'd definitely consider staying there again in my future trips to Kyoto. Pika's advice: Do try this hotel out! I'm sure you won't regret it! 

Hotel Sasarindou
(ホテル ささりんどう)

570-102 Minamigawa
Higashiyama, Kyoto
Japan
(Breakfast hours unknown - Anyone knows?)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)