TWN: Smoothie House

Aromatic and chewy osmanthus jelly!

I've just finished making a Chemistry worksheet for my students tomorrow, so I'll write a quick review before I go to bed. I've got to know about the shaved ice from Smoothie House (思慕昔) at Yong Kang street from Wikitravel when I planned for my trip.


If I remember correctly, each person must order (at least) one bowl of the sweet treats offered by the eatery. The English translation can be quite amusing. Haha...


Fresh Fruits Mix Ice Magic with Panna Cotta NT$160.00 (~S$6.80)
Taste: 8/10

Said to be the best-selling item, the bowl that was served to me featured a happy marriage of mango, kiwi and strawberry slices, and silky, creamy panna cotta (lit. cooked cream). While everything blended pretty well, it was a pity that the strawberries coated with some sort of sugar solution were too sweet.


Litchi Snowflake Ice with Osmanthus NT$160.00 (~S$6.80)
Taste: 8.5/10

The lychee shaved ice wasn't as sweet as the one mentioned above. It came with pleasantly chewy osmanthus jelly with a heady aroma which was well contrasted in texture by the crunchy lychees. The purple-coloured was made of plum, I suppose.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 6/10
Overall: 7/10

I guess I'm going to try the matcha (Japanese green tea) snowflake ice the next time round! Pika's advice: Just in case, I think it'll be wise to bring a water bottle with you. :P

Smoothie House

15 Yong Kang Street
Taipei
Taiwan
(Daily: 1.00pm - 9.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market