MAS: The Lord's Café

The only strawberry fruity scone in Cameron Highlands!

On the first day in Cameron Highlands, I was trying to cover a lot of places of interests that I didn't sit down for a proper lunch. Apart from filling my stomach with snacks from day markets, I also went down to the famous The Lord's Café in Tanah Rata. It's a humble café known to bake superb scones since 2003.


Strawberry Fruity Scone RM 2.80 (~S$1.15)
Taste: 9/10

Claiming itself to be the pioneer of scones studded with strawberries, the café served one that really lived up to my expectations. The quick bread was buttery rich for sure, coupled with the sweetness of strawberries, but the goodness certainly didn't stop there. It was nicely crumbly and pretty much moist too. Pika's advice: You really have to try this when you come to Cameron Highlands!


Chicken Pie RM 3.90 (~S$1.60)
Taste: 8/10

The truly crumbly golden crusted pie is another home specialty. Filled with chicken meat, carrots, peas and chopped long beans, it was good, but not extraordinary. I believe it could be more savoury, but the chicken meat was adequately moist and juicy. Shown below is the picture of the pie cut into halves.


In my opinion, the colour of the filling was kinda dull.


Apple Lassi RM 5.00 (~S$2.05)
Taste: 8.5/10

My buddy can't seem to be able to survive without cold drinks everyday, so he ordered the Indian yogurt-based drink blended with fresh apples. It was thick, creamy and fragrant. Besides that, it was sourer than it was sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

Apart from the dishes shown above, I also ordered a cup of hot strawberry flavoured tea (Cameron Valley brand, if I'm not mistaken). I was served by a friendly Indonesian lady who seemed to be one of the owners of the café. She also gave me a bit of discount that day. Thank you very much!

The Lord's Café

4 Jalan Besar
Tanah Rata
Cameron Highlands
Malaysia
(Mon-Fri: 10.00am - 9.00pm; Sat: 10.00am - 6.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market