SIN: Fusionnel Restaurant

Rich and creamy prawn curry!

I apologise for not being able to update for the past two weeks due to the heavy schedule in this last instructional week of my undergraduate life. Before all of us start to enjoy life a little bit and prepare for the impending examinations, I shall introduce a restaurant serving Indian cuisine inside Cultural Hotel.


Methi Aloo Gobhi Masala S$8.00
Taste: 7.5/10

I shall begin with a vegetarian dish of potatoes and cauliflower cooked with fenugreek seeds. I enjoyed the potatoes which weren't overly soft, as well as the juicy cauliflower. However, I have to admit that despiteits savoury flavour, the dish was kinda oily.


Paneer Tikka Lababdaar S$10.50
Taste: 7.5/10

The other vegetarian dish ordered was the chef's specialty cottage cheese cooked with onion slices. The cottage cheese had a soft, pleasant texture, blending well with the yellow sauce which wasn't overly heavy. The onion slices provided a sweet hint to the dish.


Jheenga Malai Curry S$12.00
Taste: 8/10

I was tempted by the description of the dish: jumbo prawns in rich gravy. As you can see from the picture, the prawns weren't that big, and they could be more succulent. On the other hand, the gravy was good, but sinful, for it was indeed rich and creamy.


Laccha Paratha S$3.00
Taste: 7/10

There was nothing special about the paratha (Indian flatbread). Priced at S$3.00 each, it was a pretty thick one, being slightly crispy on the perimeter. It went well with the prawn curry.


Chicken Biryani S$10.50
Taste: 7.5/10

When the dish arrived at the table, the chicken meat was nowhere at sight. Upon digging into the coloured rice grains, I could actually find a lot of flavourful meat inside which, alas, could be juicier. The rice was somewhat fragrant, topped with cashew nuts which added a bite to the dish.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 3/10
Overall: 6/10

While the food was acceptable, I had a bad experience with the restaurant. First of all, no one really picked up the telephone, not to mention that they didn't reply to my e-mail message either for reservation. When I reached there the first time at 6.00pm, the restaurant manager said that dinner would only be ready after 7.00pm. The second time I went there after making a reservation, the restaurant didn't have a plan of serving dinner despite me telling the manager that I'd come on that day and he had given the green light. However, I insisted that I'd want to have my dinner there, and finally I got my food! Not surprisingly, my friend and I were the only people in the restaurant that day. What an experience!

Fusionnel Restaurant

270 Jalan Besar
#01-03/04 Cultural Hotel
Singapore
(Daily: 12 noon - 10.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]