PHI: PAL International Mabuhay Lounge @ Manila Airport

And just one more bowl of 'arroz caldo' before I left the country!

Pikachu and Melon wish our readers a Happy Easter! Have you got yourselves some chocolate eggs? :) Unfortunately, we haven't.

When I was looking through my posts in the morning, to my disbelief, I found out that this review has been saved as a draft for a long time. Anyway, I spent about an hour or so in the PAL International Mabuhay Lounge before I boarded on the plane to fly back to HK.


Mini Burgers & Custard Pastry

It seems that the airport lounges in the Philippines have always had a variety of mini burgers. I was thankful that they weren't stale. The custard pastry was pretty appetising, but it could be crispier.



Tuna Pastry & Pancake

When I took the tuna pastry, it was still warm. Filled with canned tuna and what ought to be frozen mixed vegetables (yeah, those carrots, corns and green peas), it wasn't very crispy either. The pancake, drizzled with a bit of honey, was a bit fluffy.


Arroz Caldo

It was the last time I could get the Filipino congee then. As much as I wanted to get two bowls of it, I had to leave a space in my stomach for the breakfast onboard. Piping hot, thick and flavourful due to the use of chicken broth, the congee with salted eggs, anchovies, fried garlic bits and scallions really made my day. 


Schweppes Tonic Water & Nestle Mango Yogurt Drink

Compared to the domestic lounge, there's a wider selection of beverages available. What I noticed at that time was that the yogurt drink wasn't available in the domestic lounge.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6.5/10
Ambience: 8.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

The international lounge is no doubt bigger than the domestic lounge. However, the fact that there were more people when I was in the former compared to the time when I had to stay overnight in the latter has made me give the same score for ambience for both lounges. Pika's advice: Nothing in particular. Just sit back and relax! :)

PAL International Lounge @ Manila Airport

Terminal 2
Ninoy Aquino International Airport
Manila
Philippines
(Daily: first flight - last flight)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)