SIN: Pasta Inc.

Watch your teeth after eating the squid ink pasta!

Before I say anything else, please ignore my face in the cover picture of today's review and just focus on how cute Pikachu is, ready to gobble his pasta haha... Yeah, I've been asked by a lot of people whether I bring Pikachu and Melon around when I go for a food hunt. Well, I do, but not all the time. Pasta Inc. is one of the lucky restaurants to see Pikachu that day! :)


I've been hearing positive reviews, esp. with regard to the squid ink pasta that they offer. Good news: it happens to be available as one of the choices for the main course in the value-for-money Set Lunch priced at S$22.00 per person, which also includes a choice of soup and a dessert dish rotated on a daily basis. Two sets are featured in this review.


Bread

First came a basket of warm bread which crust was enjoyably crispy. A bottle of olive oil and vinaigrette is available on each table, and I must say, the aroma of the 'Elixir of the Gods' I had was headily strong.


Bisque di Aragosta (Set Menu)
Taste: 8.5/10

When the dish arrived at the table, it was really encouraging to see that the dark red, highly-seasoned soup came with visible lobster meat which was sweet and a tad chewy. The broth wasn't overly thick, but was pretty much full-bodied in terms of taste with a nice tang of the sea.


Zuppa di Porcini (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

The soup made of blended porcini mushrooms was thicker than the lobster bisque, but I actually preferred the latter. Still, the mushroom taste was strong, although it could be a bit sweeter.  Finished with a touch of cream and chopped parsley, I have to say that it indeed whetted my appetite.


Spaghetti Nero di Seppia (Set Menu)
Taste: 9/10

My pasta of choice was indeed satisfying with a very faint fishy taste which was just nice. The spaghetti was assuredly al dente, and I enjoyed slurping it slowly. The squid rings were cooked perfectly that they were still juicy and easy to bite. The prawns were succulent as well, but they could use a fresher green clam.


Fettuccine al Salmone e Gorgonzola (Set Menu)
Taste: 8.5/10

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but fettuccine is my most favourite type of pasta. Equally al dente, the fettuccine was bathed in a lusciously creamy cheese sauce that gave my taste buds a jolt. It was also great that the salmon chunks weren't overcooked as they were still moist.


Dessert of the Day (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

Tiramisu was the dessert of the day, sitting on a plate with a streak of chocolate sauce. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but the bitter taste of the coffee-soaked cake was well-balanced by the sweet mascarpone cheese. I also pretty much enjoyed its mushy, but not overly soft texture.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

I feel that the restaurant isn't that romantic, esp. due to the bright lighting haha... Okay, I've just realised that it was a seafood day for us: lobster bisque, seafood and salmon pasta. I'd really love to try their Fettuccine alla Carbonara next time! Pika's advice: I'm not exactly sure, but you may want to check with the restaurant whether the buy-3-get-1-free-set-lunch promotion is still running! :)

Pasta Inc.

35 Keong Saik Road
Singapore
(Daily: 12 noon - 2.00pm, 6.00pm - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: Singapore Airlines SQ656 (Economy)