SIN: Barcelos {CLOSED}

Choose your sauce: tangy lemon, mild peri, very peri or supa peri?

UPDATE (14/03/2016): The restaurant has closed down.

Frankly speaking, I'd been wanting to try Barcelos out for a long time. I finally had the chance last week. Peri peri chicken has been gaining popularity in the recent years, and I just feel the need to get myself into it haha... Let's see if Barcelos managed to make satisfied.


1/4 Chicken Meal S$14.50
Peri Peri Chicken - Taste: 7.5/10
Garlic Rolls - Taste: 7/10
Sautéed Mushrooms and Potatoes - Taste: 7.5/10

I was glad that the grilled chicken turned out to be pretty tender and juicy, although the flavour didn't manage to penetrate into the deep layers of the meat. I chose the veri peri sauce to go with the chicken which was only slightly aromatic and of medium heat. The garlic rolls had a pretty strong garlic aroma, but they were slightly soggy. On the other hand, the lightly salted sautéed mushrooms and potatoes were pretty delectable without being overly greasy. Pika's advice: I did try the hottest supa peri sauce, but I felt that it was monotonous as the heat overshadowed the taste of the chili itself. Unless you really need such hot chili sauce, you may want to think over.


Twin Mixed Chicken and Beef Skewers S$13.95
Beef Skewer - Taste: 5.5/10
Chicken Skewer - Taste: 7/10
Side Salad - Taste: 7/10
Spicy Rice - Taste: 6.5/10

I initially wanted to get the twin beef skewers, but the person said that only the twin chicken or the mixed skewers were available. Logic? However, I suppose I was pretty lucky to be able to avoid a second beef skewer since it was a bit tough, although the beef flavour was actually pretty good. The chicken skewer, on the other hand, was pretty tender, but not as juicy as the grilled chicken mentioned earlier. I chose the tangy lemon sauce to go with the skewers, and it was somewhat more bitter than tangy. The vegetables used for the salad were pretty fresh, but they could be more generous with the mayonnaise. Lastly, there wasn't anything to rave about the spicy rice which was slightly more flavourful than plain rice.


Coleslaw S$3.50
Taste: 7.5/10

I ordered an additional side dish of coleslaw to help fulfil my daily vegetable requirements. Well, there wasn't anything special about the shredded cabbages dressed with buttermilk and mayonnaise, but they were adequately fresh and sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 6.5/10

While the peri peri chicken was delivered promptly, I had to wait for some time for the twin skewers to appear.

Barcelos

1 HarbourFront Walk
#02-91/93 VivoCity
Singapore
(Daily: 10.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]