HKG: Coffee Shop @ HKUST

Mouth-watering Country Burger!

The coffee shop is located on the 1st floor of the Academic Concourse in HKUST. I've never had a full meal there, but I did try a few of the tea sets offered. I'm going to feature five of them today: Sets A, D, E, I and K. Set A is the only set that includes a cup of soft drink. The rest comes with either coffee or tea (a selection of Dilmah tea is available, including Earl Grey, chamomile and apple, but to name a few).


Tea Set A HK$28.00 (~S$4.65)
Taste: 8.5/10

This set is the most expensive one which features a sizeable Country Burger with a choice of either fries or salad. I was pretty amazed when I saw the burger, and certainly it was as luscious as it looked. The beef patty was tender and juicy, made awesome a slice of bacon, melted cheese and tartar sauce. The fries were okay; they were slightly crispy without being soggy.


Tea Set D HK$16.00 (~S$2.65)
Taste: 7/10

This set features four pieces of deep fried scallops with mayonnaise eggs and salad. While the scallops weren't really crunchy, they were somewhat soft and tender inside. The eggs weren't overcooked, and the mayonnaise wasn't overpowering. The vegetables used for the salad were pretty fresh.


Tea Set E HK$16.00 (~S$2.65)
Taste: 7.5/10

This set features Cervelat sausage, a kind of cooked sausage which is primarily produced in Switzerland, Alsace in France and a few parts of Germany. The one that I had the other day had quite a nice smoky aroma. I'm not sure if the beef and pork were stuffed into an intestine, although I have to say the outer layer was crisp and somewhat chewy.


Tea Set I HK$15.00 (~S$2.50)
Taste: 7.5/10

This set features a banana toastie flavoured with cinnamon powder, cut into two halves. The bread was toasted till crispy without being overly dry, although I'd love to have more banana slices to make it more substantial and cinnamon powder for added fragrance.


Tea Set K HK$15.00 (~S$2.50)
Taste: 8/10

This set features a ham and cheese croissant. I have to admit that the croissant wasn't crispy (it would've been close to perfection if it were), but it was oh-so-buttery. The combination of ham slices and melted cheese was delectable. Yeah, I have to say that their cheese is awesome.


Coffee (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10

Since we know that they're using Dilmah tea, let's just talk about the coffee. It was pretty much similar to the one I had in Milano Fresh in terms of frothiness and thickness, although I believe it was slightly less bitter.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

I'd really love to come back for the burger. Pika's advice: If you enjoy having your meal with sauce (e.g. tomato sauce, mayonnaise and mustard), don't forget to grab some from the self-service station!

Coffee Shop @ HKUST

Clear Water Bay Road
1/F HKUST
Kowloon
Hong Kong
(Mon-Sat: 7.30am - 10.30pm; Sun: 10.00am - 6.00pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market