THA: Yum Saap

Mouth-watering mango salad... How hot you want it to be?

First of all, happy birthday, Singapore! "Night fall, stars twinkling on the bay / My dreams can take flight if I dare / There’s a feeling that binds us one and all / We look forward to a brighter day." :) Alright, during my Bangkok trip, I've seen quite a number of Yum Saap branches which serve Thai food. I came across one of the branches when I was walking around inside MBK Centre which is very popular among tourists.


 Mango Salad with Crispy Crab THB 69.00 (~S$2.70)
Taste: 9/10

To be honest, it was the crablets that caught my attention, prompting me to order the dish as an appetiser. I requested it to be slighly spicy, and well, my choice was right. The salad was really refreshing on the whole with the crunchy young mango slices, complemented by the savoury crispy crablets. It was tangy without being too heavy on the palate. Pika's advice: For those who can't take spicy food, do request for no chili. On the other hand, for those who can stand breathing fire, do try the very spicy version!


Crispy Dumplings Pad Thai THB 79.00 (~S$3.10)
Taste: 5/10

I didn't really enjoy the stir-fried rice noodle because it was too sweet for my liking. Moreover, it was too wet. Well, the dumpling skin (yes, only the skin) did add a crunch to the dish, and the few shrimps thrown in were quite succulent.


Rice with Stir-Fried Pork and Basil + Chicken and Gourd Soup THB 85.00 (~S$3.35)
Rice with Stir-Fried Pork and Basil - Taste: 8/10
Chicken and Gourd Soup - Taste: 7.5/10

The minced pork was nicely chewy, juicy and had the right balance of flavour, contrasted in texture by the crunchy baby corns. The soup was slightly sweet with a drumlet that was somewhat tender; nothing special, but pretty good nonetheless.


Coconut Frosties THB 45.00 (~S$1.75)
Taste: 8.5/10

A drink which may cause brain-freeze, the coconut frosties was really creamy, but not sickeningly sweet. However, I still prefer coconut juice.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Service: 7/10
Overall: 7/10

If I'm not mistaken, I remember there is something called Ice Frosties in the menu that costs THB 3.00 (~S$0.10). Guess what, it's a glass full of ice cubes. Haha... :P

Yum Saap

444 Phaya Thai Road
5/F MBK Centre
Bangkok
Thailand
(Daily: 10.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 7% VAT.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market