THA: Royal View Resort [Breakfast]

Whipped cream with maple syrup, anyone? :P

Royal View Resort (3*) may look mundane from the outside, but I was pretty impressed with the clean, spacious room (for the relatively cheap price paid) and the service rendered by the hotel staff. It's located within walking distance to King Power Duty Free Complex, Victory Monument and its corresponding BTS station.


The hotel offers American and Asian (mostly Chinese) buffet breakfast. Pika's advice: When you book your room through their website (shown below), you'll get a free Thai herbal drink upon arrival!


Salad

Thanks, Royal View Resort, for offering cubes of my favourite beetroots with a refreshing blend of sweetness and bitterness. The vegetables were, in general, fresh. I also enjoyed the juicy cherry tomatoes very much.


Pumpkin Soup

The soup was kinda thin, but I could still taste the natural sweetness of the pumpkin.


Porridge

The porridge was alright, and the salted egg was good without being overly salty.


Corn Flakes

As usual, I don't need to comment on corn flakes. Anyway, the milk served was nicely creamy.


Bread and Whipped Cream

I didn't toast my bread the other day because I wanted to savour the texture of the wholemeal bread with my favourite combination of butter and strawberry jam. It was interesting that they put a bowl of whipped cream alongside bottles of honey, strawberry, caramel and maple syrup, as well as ground peanuts and raisins. Replacement for ice cream, a more stomach-friendly dessert for breakfast, perhaps?


Assorted Stuff #1

I enjoyed the french toast, which wasn't very eggy, with some maple syrup. The omelette, filled with chopped onions and bell peppers, was pretty tasty, although it wasn't really creamy. I felt that the tomato could be oven-roasted for a longer period of time.


Assorted Stuff #2

The cooked items were so-so. The fried noodle was a bit too wet for my liking. On the other hand, the bacon was too dry.


Fruits & Yogurt

The watermelons, pineapples and papayas were of acceptable freshness, although they weren't that sweet. Do you see the plain yogurt in the middle?


Fruit Salad

I also tried the refreshing fruit salad consisting of red apples, green apples and pineapples soaked in orange juice, which was slightly sweeter than the one I had in First Hotel.


Coffee

The coffee was quite strong and bitter. Yeah, I drink black coffee without sugar most of the time.


Pineapple, Orange & Guava Cordial Drink

Pardon my usual habit of taking all the available cordial drinks, even though I always pass the guava one to someone else. Anyway, all of them weren't too sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Based on my experience, I'd really like to recommend Royal View Resort to everyone!

Royal View Resort

27/3 Soi Ratchawithi, Rangnam Road
Bangkok
Thailand
(Daily: 6.00am - 10.00am)


*No separate price given as buffet breakfast is included in the room price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market