PHI: Philippine Airlines [Business, Domestic, Short-Haul]

Grilled fish done right!

Similar to the experience of flying the international sector, I was personally asked by the flight attendant what I'd prefer for breakfast later on as soon as I was seated, but without any menu booklet given. In this review, I'm going to talk about the breakfast I had on two separate occasions, again featuring two different main courses each. Anyway, you'll only have two choices when flying the domestic sector.

 

 

PR Meal #1

Chicken Adobo with Rice - Taste: 8/10

Adobo is a popular stew-like dish in the Philippines, and the one I had onboard the other day was chicken marinated in soy sauce, vinegar and garlic, served with flavoured rice with a mild taste from, most probably, chicken stock. The chicken itself was pretty tender, the sauce flavourful, but I suppose a bit more sugar would make it even better.

Beef Sausages with Hash Browns - Taste: 7.5/10

The beef sausages were those seasoned with black pepper which, I believe, can be found in supermarkets. The hash browns were kinda dry on the outside, while the omelette wasn't seasoned, but fluffy. The mushrooms were pretty juicy.

Bread - Taste: 7.5/10

There wasn't anything special about the bread which had a bit of nuts on top of it, but it was quite fluffy.

Snacks

There was a pleasant surprise in the packet of spicy peanuts: crunchy dried mango bits! Besides that, I was also given a packet of chewy fruit mix: sugar-coated dried papaya, pineapple, and mango bits, which were kinda addictive and not too sweet.

Beverages

I grabbed a glass of orange juice for the welcome drink, and requested for a glass of apple juice to go with my breakfast. Apparently, the flight attendant also put a glass of mineral water on the tray.


 

PR Meal #2

Grilled Fish with Rice - Taste: 8.5/10

It came as a surprise to me that the grilled fish was succulent with a nice smoky aroma. My only complaint would be on the rice, which top layer was dry, but the rest of the grains were alright.

Chicken Sausages with Steamed Potatoes - Taste: 7/10

The chicken sausages served were also the common ones seasoned with black pepper. Compared to the fluffy omelette earlier, the scrambled egg was a bit dry. The steamed potatoes weren't seasoned, but pretty starchy without being neither too hard nor too soft.

Bread - Taste: 8/10

The simple-looking bread was powdery and a bit crunchy on the outside, but soft on the inside. Nice!

Snacks

The chicken adobo flavoured peanuts, in my opinion, didn't really have that adobo taste. Moreover, they were a tad too salty. The strawberry wafers, with their subtle sweetness, were pretty good.

Beverages

Again, I had a glass of orange juice as soon as I was seated. For the meal service, I specifically requested for a glass of mineral water that day, plus a cup of hot coffee which was brought to me after I finished my main course. The coffee was pretty strong.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 8.5/10
Overall: 8/10

Apart from eating, there wasn't anything much to do since IFE (In-Flight Entertainment) wasn't available. Oh, too bad Philippine Airlines doesn't give out free playing cards anymore. Pika's advice: Nothing in particular. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the meal!

Philippine Airlines

Business Class Cabin
Airbus 330-300


*No separate price given as meals are included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market