HKG: CNAC VIP Lounge @ Hong Kong International Airport

Guess the flavour of the Häagen-Dazs ice cream available!

CNAC stands for China National Aviation Corporation. The following airlines use the lounge: CA, MK, NZ, MU, CZ, GA, OM, PK, PR, FM, SA, UL and MF. Anyway, I won't really call this a review myself because there's nothing much to talk about. I just took a few pictures of the food available when I was there at around 4.00pm.


Assorted Stuff #1

The raisin danish was buttery, but sadly, it was a bit soggy. The tuna canapé, on the other hand, was pretty crispy and savoury. I found the mackerel too dry.


Assorted Stuff #2

The creamy penne pasta looked pretty appetising, but it was actually kinda bland. The dim sum items were average, although I have to say the chiu chow style dumpling had quite a generous amount of fillings inside: the usual peanuts, chives, radishes, etc.


Creamy Corn Soup

Well, the soup was creamy enough. It also had lots of corn kernels inside, but it only tasted sweet and nothing else.


Assorted Stuff #3

I guess I don't have to say much here. Oh, the packed lemon cake was quite nice.


Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream

It was the best item of the day; no doubt! Yummm... :D


Jelly & Apple Juice

Kids love fruit jelly, and so do I! Also, I wonder why I took an apple juice for myself while I could get them onboard.


Spirits

There were quite a few selection of spirits, but I only drank a bit of my favourite Chivas Regal whiskey.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 6/10
Ambience: 8.5/10
Overall: 7/10

Calm and well-ventilated, the lounge allowed me to escape from the hustle and bustle of the transit area and relax on one of the sofas. Also, there were only a few people using the lounge when I was there. The internet connection on the PCs that day was kinda unstable though. Well, it's a decent lounge, but it pales in comparison to some other lounges at the airport. Pika's advice: Nothing in particular, really, just sit back and relax! Grab the ice cream while you can, but not to worry, it seems to be replenished quite promptly.

CNAC VIP Lounge @ HK Airport

Level 7, Near Gate 16
Hong Kong International Airport
Hong Kong
(Daily: 6.30am - last flight)

*No separate price given as lounge access is included in the ticket price.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)