HKG: McDonald's

Virgin experience with pumpkin soup and red bean pie!

"You go to HK to eat McDonald's?" Haha, basically I wasn't really hungry after gobbling a lot of food during the welcome lunch in HKUST specially provided for exchange students. That night I spent my time in Paradise Mall, which offers romantic serenity with Roman fountain, Greek columns and grand-looking statues. I spotted McDonald's and went there for a light meal before going back.


I made my own light meal set! :D


Pumpkin Soup HK$12.00 (~S$2.00)
Taste: 7.5/10

Pumpkin soup was my choice for the appetiser. Served warm, it had acceptable thickness, and it actually had pumpkin taste. The evaporated milk poured on top of the soup made it even creamier. Hmm, everytime I eat pumpkin soup, it always reminds me of home: mom makes pumpkin soup for breakfast sometimes!


McDouble HK$8.00 (~S$1.30)
Taste: 7.5/10

Well, I guess it's not necessary for me to write a review on the hamburger, but anyway, I guess you can't go wrong with it. I really like the combination of pickled cucumber, garlic and tomato sauce. The two beef patties were thinner than those seen in the display (as usual? :P).


Red Bean Pie HK$6.00 (~S$1.00)
Taste: 8/10

A dollar more expensive than the apple pie, the red bean pie was yummy. The pie crust was really crunchy, which was contrasted well with the adequately sweet, creamy red bean filling (imagine eating a very viscous version of sweet red bean soup :D).

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Pika's advice: Do you know that Big Mac in HK is the second most affordable in the world (after Ukraine) based on the Big Mac Index published by The Economist? Grab a Big Mac meal (comes with medium french fries and medium soft drink) which costs only HK$20.00 (~S$3.30)!

McDonald's

100 Shing Tai Road
Shop Unit G58, G/F Paradise Mall
Heng Fa Chuen
Hong Kong
(Daily: 06.00am - 12 midnight)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market