FRA: Le Four des Navettes

Selling navettes since 1781!

I'm going to take back my words in the previous entry. I overlooked a set of pictures on one of the culinary specialties in Marseille: navette, a hard, dry biscuit in the shape of a vessel.


Legend says that the biscuit represents the boat that brought Mary Jacobe, Mary Salome, their maid Sara and Lazarus, the Patron Saint of Marseille, to Saintes-Maries de la Mer.


Navette (One Dozen) €8.50 (~S$14.00)
Taste: 7/10

Some of my friends didn't find the biscuit pleasant, especially due to its hardness. Yes, you really need strong teeth to bite into the biscuit. However, I enjoyed it because it exuded pleasant aroma of natural ingredients, which I couldn't fully decipher (and well, the ingredients are kept secret), but one of them has to be orange blossom. Oh, the more you buy, the cheaper the price of each biscuit becomes.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10

Pika's advice: I guess you know what I'm going to say: do visit this place (and take a few pictures) when you come to Marseille, and try the biscuit yourself for a 'been there, done that' experience!

Le Four des Navettes

136 Rue Sainte (Saint Victor)
Marseille
France
(Mon-Sat: 7.00am - 8.00pm; Sun: 9.00am - 1.00pm, 3.00pm - 7.30pm)


*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]