SIN: Sin Chew Satay Bee Hoon

My first time eating bee hoon drenched in peanut sauce!

I can't exactly remember why I had to go to Upper Bukit Timah the other day. When I went to the hawker centre for lunch, I saw quite a long queue which definitely stood out from the rest. To my delight, I finally found a stall serving satay bee hoon (lit. rice vermicelli). I'd been wanting to try it out earlier, but I rarely had the chance to go to a hawker centre for a meal.


Satay Bee Hoon (Small) S$3.50
Taste: 8.5/10

The rice vermicell was drenched in a generous amount of mildly spicy peanut sauce which had the right degree of thickness, as well as sweetness. More than that would be too much, I'd say. The seafood items used, such as prawns, clams and cuttlefish, were fresh. The kangkung (lit. water spinach) was nice and crunchy. It was also a delight to find that there were lean meat and fried tau pok (lit. dried compressed beancurd) in the dish. Pika's advice: If you're hungry, opt for the medium (S$4.50) or large (S$5.50) serving!

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8.5/10

The hawker centre was crowded the other day (well, I'm quite sure it's crowded everyday), but I was lucky enough to find a seat not far from the stall.

Sin Chew Satay Bee Hoon

116 Upper Bukit Timah Road
Stall#162 Bukit Timah Food Centre
Singapore
(Wed-Fri: 5.00pm - 10.30pm; Sat-Sun: 12 noon - 2.00pm, 5.00pm - 10.00pm)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]