FRA: Café di Roma

It's not in Rome; it's in Paris!

Situated in the middle of the prestigious avenue of Champs-Élysées, Café di Roma has a huge signboard. Because of that, in addition to the fact that there were many diners inside, my friends and I couldn't help but be attracted like a magnet. Luckily we didn't have to wait for a long time to get a table.


Végétarienne Pizza €14.80 (~S$26.00)
Taste: 8.5/10

Let's start with the pizza! Actually I didn't order this, but my friend, who is a vegetarian, couldn't finish her pizza so I gladly finished it for her. There was such a plethora of flavours in the pizza, which was a concoction of cheese, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, eggplants, artichokes, olives and marinated green peppers. The various ingredients did wonders as they blended in my mouth. Since I don't like an overly thin pizza, I actually enjoyed the Café di Roma's slightly thick pizza. Pika's advice: Sprinkle parmesan cheese to your pizza to make it even more enjoyable!

As usual, I succumbed to the charm of the Set Meal. Priced at €18.90 (~S$33.20)it comprises a plate of main course and a dessert of choice.


Escalope Milanaise (Set Menu)
Taste: 6.5/10

Escalope refers to thinned out piece of boneless meat. The breaded veal chunk that I had the other day tasted slightly raw, not to mention that the outer layer wasn't crispy enough. But I had to say that the meat was quite tender. Thankfully the spaghetti was al dente, but then the tomato sauce was pretty insipid. Indeed, the parmesan cheese at the side was the saviour of the day.


Rumsteack (Set Menu)
Taste: 6.5/10

Another friend of mine had the medium steak which happened to be the main course of the day. While the meat wasn't bad, it was kinda tough. The accompanying white sauce was smooth and milky, but it ought to be sweeter. 


Crème Caramel (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10

As usual, a crème caramel would be a sweet delight to end a meal. Café di Roma's version wasn't too eggy, and it wasn't too sweet either. The slightly burned side was no doubt a tad bitter, but I actually loved it.


Tiramisu (Set Menu)
Taste: 6.5/10

Tiramisu, anyone? While the mascarpone layer was overly light and thus not very flavourful, the biscuits at the bottom were soaked enough to keep them moist. Yes, actually the biscuits were nice, so eating it was like digging for a hidden treasure.


Bread

The bread was passable; it was really hard. By the way, I guess you would've noticed that whenever there's a bread, I always put the picture of it at the end. I purposely do that because having a picture of bread on top isn't going to look very enticing. Haha...

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7/10
Ambience: 7/10
Service: 5.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Given the location, I guess the food items in Café di Roma are reasonably priced, but I wish the quality of the other food items can be pitched to that of the level of the pizza. The staff barely served us with a smile, but they weren't rude. Well, they took ages to give us our bill.

Café di Roma

35 Avenue des Champs-Élysées
Paris
France
(Opening hours unknown - Anyone knows?)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market