FRA: La Traboulerie

The first time I ate a main course that was like an egg custard...

I'm going to thank my three French friends: Arthur, Axel and Marine once again for being very nice to my friends and I, and bringing us to various places even though it was during their exam period the other time. On one of the days, they introduced Bouchon Lyonnaise, or simply put, traditional Lyon cuisine, to us. In the restaurant, you can get a Set Menu comprising one appetizer and one main course of choice for €14.50 (~S$25.50).


Gratinée Lyonnaise
 (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10

For the appetizer, I chose the French onion soup. Let's see what I wrote in my food diary. The soup, which was served piping hot, had a really generous serving of onions, bread (not those crispy crouton bits) and cheese on top of it. The flavour would be balanced should they add a bit more salt though.


Quenelle Lyonnaise de Brochet (Set Menu)
Taste: 8.5/10

For the main course, I chose the quenelle, a dish made of chicken, meat, fish, or a mixture of them bound in an egg mixture. Brochet is a pike fish. Axel said that not many people could accept the taste of quenelle, but I fell in love with it at first bite. Actually I couldn't really taste the fish, but the whole chunk had a texture of a creamy egg custard which was lovely. Drenched in milky crayfish sauce and lipsmackingly good baked layered potatoes on the side, this dish really kicked ass. Too bad the salad wasn't fresh enough. Pika's advice: Do give this dish a try!!!


Crème Caramel €5.00 (~S$8.80)
Taste: 8/10

Thanks to my big appetite, I was one of the few people who ordered a dessert after finishing the main course. The crème caramel was nice and creamy, melting-in-the-mouth kind of dessert. But it was slightly (just slightly) too sweet.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

Small restaurant, but the waiters were friendly. In general, I find that people in Lyon are much more friendly than, say, those in Paris or Marseille. Well, perhaps it's because Lyon is a very educated city haha...

La Traboulerie

58 Rue Mercière
Lyon
France
(Mon-Fri: 12 noon - 2.30pm, 6.30pm - 12 midnight; Sat-Sun: 12 noon - 12 midnight)

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

TWN: EVA Air BR36 (Economy)