SIN: Once Upon a Milkshake

Sinful post-result indulgence!

UPDATE (20/8/2014): The establishment has closed down.

I've just received my NUS exam results for Academic Year 2011/2012 Semester 2, and I'm glad that I've improved! To celebrate, I went out with friends for lunch and to get our dose of milkshake and ice cream after submitting my passport to the French Embassy for visa purposes. I've seen in HungryGoWhere that people have only reviewed the more common flavours (i.e. vanilla, chocolate, etc.) from Once Upon a Milkshake (OUAM), so today I tried the more unusual flavours!

 

Yup, as you can see from the picture, those were the stuff I ordered. I love OUAM ice cream because they're always huge haha...


Ice Cream Scoop (Triple) S$7.20
Cerious Maple - Taste: 8.5/10
Litchi Otokonoko - Taste: 7/10
Green Apple Bicycle - Taste: 8/10

Cerious Maple was simply the best maple flavoured ice cream I've ever eaten. Topped with maple flavoured cereal bits (I suppose they were Post's Maple Pecan Crunch), it was sinfully delightful with its sweetness and fluffiness. To maple syrup lovers out there: this is definitely worth trying!

Litchi Otokonoko was pretty unique with its lychee flavour. The aroma of the lychee was tempting, but the flavour itself wasn't too strong so that I could only taste the lychee when the ice cream landed on my tongue. Two seconds after that, you'd only get your regular vanilla ice cream taste.

Green Apple Bicycle, on the other hand, was made with a generous portion green apple that the taste lasted till all the ice cream had melted in my mouth. It wasn't overly sour, and the milk blended well with the green apple to give an awesome flavour. Oh, another good thing is that the ice cream didn't melt easily.

 

Milkshake (Regular) S$5.70
Butterscotched! - Taste: 8/10 

The interplay between brown sugar and butter in Butterscotched! was delightful. The only reason for me not to give higher score was because it was overly thick that I really had a problem drinking it with a straw. Apparently my opinion on how the ice cream didn't melt easily earlier didn't really work out for the milkshake.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Pika's advice: You should really go to the *Scape branch because it's so quiet there! There are only a few shoppers around, especially on weekdays, so that you can get a seat easily and enjoy your ice cream and/or milkshake peacefully!

Once Upon a Milkshake

2 Orchard Link
#02-03/04 *Scape
Singapore
(Sun-Thu: 12 noon - 10.00pm; Fri-Sat: 12 noon - 11.00pm)

http://www.onceuponamilkshake.com/

*Prices quoted are nett prices.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]