SIN: Thai Pan Restaurant

How good is the famous butter squid?

Thai Pan - a hidden gem. Recently, I dropped by the restaurant located at Civil Service Club @ Changi. There's another branch is at Mandarin Gardens Condominium. Pardon me for the low quality of the pictures this time round. My 1.3 megapixel camera phone can't give crystal clear pictures under medium to low light intensity.


Butter Squid (Small) S$8.00
Taste: 8/10

This dish was actually the catalyst for me to visit the restaurant. My friends are forever giving thumbs up for this dish. Indeed, the squid didn't disappoint as it was fresh. Moreover, the butter coating was tasty, although I'd prefer something less wet. The curry leaves did play an integral role in elevating the aroma of the dish.


Chicken with Lemon Sauce (Small) S$8.00
Taste: 8.5/10 

To let you in on a little secret, when I was a little boy, I hated any main dishes with lemon sauce on them. Oh well, that was the past! The chicken strips were really tender, but I guess they could've given more sauce. Also, it'd be great if the sauce was slightly more acidic, but this dish was already great enough to begin with.

 

Foo Yong Omelette (Small) S$7.00
Taste: 7.5/10 

I'm not sure how a Foo Yong egg dish in China is like, but I still love the Chinese Indonesian version best as it's usually drenched in yummy sweet and sour sauce with a thick consistency. Nevertheless, the one that I had in the restaurant was pretty nice. It had quite a few prawns, and I was kinda surprised when I found some asparagus inside.

 

Broccoli with Fresh Crab Meat (Small) S$8.00
Taste: 8/10 

This was the last dish that came to the table. The thick broccoli was cooked to perfection - soft, but not soggy. The egg sauce was great, although there wasn't much of the promised crab meat.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 8/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10

Overall: 8/10

I actually didn't order any of the Thai dishes that evening. Pika's advice: Come on weekdays to enjoy a S$1.00 promotion on Pineapple Fried Rice with a minimum spending of S$20.00!


Thai Pan Restaurant

2 Netheravon Road
Civil Service Club @ Changi
Singapore
(Daily: 12 noon - 3.00pm, 6.00pm - 10.30pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]