SIN: Sizzler {CLOSED}

Daily lunch with all-u-care-to-eat salad bar, anyone?


UPDATE (11/03/2016): The restaurant has closed down.

I believe there are two Sizzler branches in Singapore - one is at Toa Payoh and the other one is inside Suntec City Mall. I used to patronise the former quite frequently in the past since Toa Payoh is just a few bus stops away from Catholic Junior College Hostel, a homely place where I lived in during my secondary school days. To be honest, I've only tried their quick lunch deals. :P




The quick lunch deals used to be offered only on weekdays from 11.30am to 2.30pm, but they've now extended the deals to include weekends as well. Yayyy! For the lunch deals, you only need to pay for a main course (inclusive of french fries) which ranges from S$15.99 to S$18.99. A glass of soft drink and the famous all-u-care-to-eat salad bar, soup, fruits and soft serve come for free! :) Well, think about it, the salad bar lunch itself is S$15.99!


 

Assorted Stuff

This is just another picture of the stuff you get to eat from the salad bar. The vegetables are usually fresh, and the cream soup is really creamy. I love the crunchy cheesy croutons; it goes really well with the soup. The cheese toast is also one of the main attractions, but you only get half a toast for every main course ordered. They have spaghetti up for grab as well, but I've never tried it before. 

 

Dory Lunch S$17.99 
Taste: 7.5/10

Yum, a plate of grilled dory seasoned with herbs, and not to forget the tartar sauce! Tartar sauce is one of my favourite, especially when there are many finely chopped pickled stuff inside! The dory that I had the other day could've been grilled more to perfection though. Also, if I remember correctly, they don't put salt (or perhaps only a very minute amount) on your french fries. If you love salty fries, just add more salt which is available on every table.

 

Steak Lunch S$18.99
Taste: 8/10

It's not easy to find a cheap and good Sirloin steak in Singapore, but this is one of them! I always ask for medium. The meat is always juicy and tender, but I think they should've given more mushroom sauce.

 

Grilled Pork Chop S$18.49
Taste: 7/10

I only had the pork chop once. The meat was well-marinated, but it was a bit tough that day. So yeah, nothing is really special about this dish... I've also tried other dishes, but I couldn't find the pictures in my laptop. Perhaps I'll update this entry again another day.


Fruits

I don't know where else can you find fresh jumbo cut fruits! Everytime I'm having a buffet, I would grab at least three plates of fruits to wash down all the (usually) unhealthy stuff.


Soft-Serve Yogurt

A few years ago, they offered ice cream instead of yogurt. But nowadays you can only find the healthier soft-serve original and chocolate yogurt! The original flavour is a bit sour, but it goes really well with the caramel sauce. Besides caramel sauce, there are chocolate and strawberry sauce, as well as toppings such as chocolate chips, chocolate vermicelli and nuts, for you to play around with. :P

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10

Overall: 7.5/10


The lunch deals are really value-for-money, and it's really a good place to chill with friends over lunch! For being consistent, I'm using present tense to describe everything. Pika's advice: Hmm, perhaps this isn't really an advice, but there are differences in the prices between the two branches. The one inside Suntec City Mall is more expensive, but you can find more salad bar items there. I can't remember much, but I do know that you can have free flow dragon fruit, which isn't available at the Toa Payoh branch!


Sizzler

Blk 190 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh
#02-516 HDB Hub
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00 am - 10.00pm)

*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]

CAN: St. Lawrence Market