SIN: Simply Wang

Simply irresistible sweet and sour chicken!

The other day I went to Changi Airport and dined at this eatery which is also managed by the owner of those mushrooming Wang Cafes. It was a quiet afternoon, and the ambience was damn relaxing. My friend and I decided on the Buddy Meal. If I'm not mistaken, the price was something around S$19.80. All the food items shown below were included in the set menu (inclusive of two plates of rice).

 

Soup of the Day (Set Menu)
Taste: 6/10

We had soup with potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and cabbage inside. At a first glance, it looked spicy, but apparently it wasn't. It was so-so. Uh, I actually burned my tongue when I tried this one, which slightly ruined my dining experience for the day. Oh, well...

 

Plain Steamed Egg (Set Menu)
Taste: 7/10 

My friend is a big fan of steamed egg, which was indeed one of the reasons he pushed me to choose the Buddy Meal! The egg tasted wonderful. It was fluffy, but not too soft like tau huay, a dessert dish made of soya beancurd. It would be great if they put chopped ginger though.

 

Claypot Broccoli with Prawn (Set Menu)
Taste: 7.5/10 

Before the server came with the dish, I had already thought that I'd only see one or two prawns. Apparently, I was mistaken! There were about 6 or 7 prawns inside, and they were really ummy! Well, from the picture, you couldn't really see the broccoli because they were hidden under the strong and thick garlic sauce. I'm a big fan of garlic, so this particular dish made my day!


 

Sweet and Sour Chicken (Set Menu)
Taste: 8/10 

The dish was also served in a claypot. The sauce was quite strong, but it leaned towards sour. The chicken cubes were coated with batter and fried as usual before they were drenched in the sauce. Remember that I love tomato sauce so much? For the same reason, I also love anything  cooked sweet and sour style! This dish was awesome.

 

F&N Outrageous Orange & Sprite (Set Menu)

Haha, I suppose I don't actually need to upload this one, but it looks nice, right? You get to choose from the usual list of soft drinks to go with your meal.

Melon's Rating
Taste: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 7.5/10
Overall: 7.5/10

I'll definitely be back to try other dishes. They also offer Malay food, such as nasi lemak (Malay rice dish cooked in coconut milk with pandan leaves). Pika's advice: It seems like they keep changing the dishes included in the set menu, so check out the website regularly!

Simply Wang

60 Airport Boulevard
Changi Airport Terminal 2
Level 3 Viewing Hall #036-087
Singapore
(Daily: 11.00am - 10.00pm)


*Prices quoted are subject to 10% service charge and 7% GST.

Have a nice meal,
Cliff(y)

Comments

Popular Posts

KSA: Saudia [Business, International, Short-Haul]

TWN: EVA Air BR226 (Economy)

SIN: YOTEL Singapore [Breakfast]